Yes, I know what you are thinking - I've got to figure out a way to get those pictures to turn the right way. Thing is, the card reader in my computer quit working, so it's really out of the way to have to modify them the way I've been importing. And it's usually about midnight here when I get enuf peace to post. So just cock your head a bit, eh?
So, today was the first day of school. And my great idea was that everyone would be fresh and clean for at least the first day :) Well, the babies had their baths last night. Right before the leak in the water heater was made known. And such water heater was turned off. And left off. The good news: the plumber that the home warranty company contacted will be here tomorrow. The bad news: we still stink :) But we had a good first day.
What did we do our first day of school at home you ask? (And of course when you asked that you probably didn't know that NONE of the relevant school books have made an appearance at our door steps yet : ( Well, we did school work, of course! We took a walk to the playground for PE time, we read books together and reviewed our math. We attended an online opening assembly for Agora students and teachers (wouldn't have minded missing that part), worked on some spelling words, and were going to watch a movie in spanish, only the remote to the downstairs TV is still eluding us. So much to the delight of the students, they got to watch Shrek 2 in English tonite. (This didn't really count as schoolwork since it was in English, but a movie having already been promised, I dared not regress :) Doesn't really sound like we did a whole lot, does it? Well, we managed to log hours of reading time :) And why not?
BTW, did you manage to notice the new shoes that we made a mad dash to the store for the other night? After we took a jaunt up the street to the playground, Tyson ended up giving Libbie a piggy back ride most of the way home because her shoes had given her blisters. Again. Aside from the stinky ones that were falling apart and too small, the new cheap ones we bought just recently that refuse to stay on her feet, and the flip flops that constantly give her blisters, she only had church shoes. So after the walk, and after giving her a bath, and really pushing our nighttime routine, we mad a mad dash to the shoe store. Libbie looked and looked at shoes. Found some sneakers that were ok (and some silver ballet flats that were cute). So we went a few doors down to Payless. NOTHING! (But some church shoes that were too big but that were really cheap and she will grow into for $3.50.) Back to Famous Footwear. At closing time. As we went back to grab the shoes that she had settled on before we left the first time, she still looked around for the perfect shoes. A certain style. With lights in them. While she was looking, guess what Emmalee found? In just her size? The girl who has more shoes than I do? In the perfect style that Libbie was looking for? I knew the minute I saw them that Libbie would love them. But there none in Libbie's size. And Emmalee got some. And Libbie was so good about it! She was so happy for Emmalee! So we whisked them up to the front where the salesman was patiently waiting to close the doors. And even though Libbie's were on a good sale, and they were buy 1 get 1 half off, he said he had a coupon he had clipped from the paper for 20% off our purchase. Great! {And when we got home, I got online and found Libbie's dreamy light shoes in just her size. And ordered them. How could I not for such an angel child? (And I know as I say this you are picturing the picture I posted above in your mind and saying "Angel"? But really, she is.) And I ordered them just for her. SSSHHH! It's a secret!}
How could you not order them for her? Yes she definately has her moments at times but i feginately must agree that she really is an awesome kid.
ReplyDelete