Well, 2 days of school down, 178 more to go. Our learning days are actually going pretty well so far. (Even though we still don't have any books yet. Tomorrow, my friends, cross your fingers that they come tomorrow.) Emmalee is zooming through kindergarten. My kids never cease to amaze me at what they can do, even as well as I think I know them. Emmalee worked on tallying today. As in making charts of things she tallies - she even does the 5th tally properly. Huh. And she couldn't get enough of school today. Well, she did get enough of reading to herself. Even as good as she does, it wears her attention span out fast if we push it too hard, but she does such a good job! But math? She loves it! Libbie taught her to add. Weeks ago. She runs around adding everything that comes in small numbers, and today instead of counting groups of 6 out, she said, "well, there is a group of 3 and another group of 3, so there must be six in all". And instead of saying 5, she will tell me, "I'll have 2 plus 2 plus 1 more of those. By the way, that's 5 if you didn't know." Smarty pants.
I'm not quite sure what goes through this girl's mind at times, but here is a little something she put together:
(Yes, you will have to crank your head again.) I'm not sure what the purpose was, but man, that girl played barrel of monkeys all the way to the floor. She loves to do stuff like that, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment