So when I went up to the attic to rummage through my patterns (one of my favorite things to do, even though they don't get much use other than to be pieces of art that I dream about) I saw an ugly looking bug sitting on a shelf. It really was just sitting there minding its own business. But I didn't want it there. So I sprayed it. With spider spray. It was sad. I actually felt bad as I watched its knees buckle and it rolled over, lifeless. Almost instantly. I hope nobody ever does that to me.
After a long night of not feeling well, and a long morning of sleeping late to make up for it, I had a long day and didn't tackle too much. After searching for a new place to confine the babies where they could cause minimal damage, I settled on the bathtub and pulled out a little project to work on in the bathroom.
My grandma gave me these butterflies awhile back in some stuff she was getting rid of. They were all plain gold (Home Interior). I liked them, but they needed something to make them go with my girls room. So I painted them. With fingernail polish. (Sorry, grandma:) It's hard to see how luminescent the colors are in the picture because it is so dark, but the gold underneath really made the colors pop.
Tomorrow is the first day of school for the girls. I keep thinking that I'm taking the easy way out keeping them home with me, almost like I am cheating. Then I remember how much dedication it takes on my part to make sure everything gets done and we get ample school time each day. Would it be easier to watch them walk out the door trusting them into the care of numerous people I don't know, from the bus driver to the teachers to the other kids at school? Yes, I have chosen the easier way. I get to see the lightning speed at which my kids learn and get to participate in reading stories with them, taking walks with them, counting birds with them. I don't know exactly who I think it's easier for, but I think tomorrow will be fun!
Well fingernail polish probably wouldn't have been my first choice but it makes sense and its probably really cute. Plus if they came from the grandma i'm thinking of then i doubt she would care. I agree with you about the school thing. waterford changed their minds about wyatt so it looks like i will be starting him from school too. besides, none of us went to preschool and we did fine. I miss you guys!
ReplyDelete