Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

First sunburn of the season

The kids and I went to the county fair with some friends today - it was kids day so they were free to get in until 4 and could ride the rides from 1 until 4.  We got there a bit early and rode for the full 3 hours in what was (I swear) the hottest day of the year.  Kids were wonderful!  They loved it.  And I didn't mind taking them (except for the heat).  I was a bit spotty with the sunscreen, though, and we all have miscellaneous burns here and there.  After supper it was - you guessed it!  - "choose where to sleep night", and movies, of course. 




My kids had never rode the bumper cars before - it was one of the few lines that we actually had to wait in, but not for long, and I think they thought it was worth it.




There were so few kids in line at the slide that they didn't even make them exit, they just kept running straight back to the top.




Of course we had to go on the ferris wheel - it was one of 2 rides we couldn't miss (the other one was the carousel, which we rode more than once).
 




At least I got to ride backwards this time - it was much easier on my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment