Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Important discoveries/duh moments...

So I finally figured 2 things out last week that impacted my time management dramatically.  #1 - Libbie can read.  I know, I know, it only took me over 2 years to figure this one out.  I recognize the denseness of my brain here - maybe it raises my brain's capacity, I don't know.  Anyway, #2 - my laptop is portable.  Ahem.  So the changes we made in our class structure implemented these 2 things.  Instead of me reading her the lessons at our workstation, she now uses my laptop at whatever place I need to work in - whether that be in the kitchen while I wash dishes, or in my room while I fold and sort and fold laundry, or in the bathroom while we work on the twins' potty training, she now reads me the lessons.  This way Emmalee can still participate, I still learn what she needs to know, AND I get something else done as well.  I think it also helps her retention, as she is more actively involved, helps her reading aloud skills, and we still discuss what is going on and have interaction, but it was SUCH a help last week while we were trying to catch up on Science. 

Speaking of science - we have had a lot of fun with our weather unit - making it rain in the house (Yes! in the house! :), measuring the wind and finding it's direction, measuring humidity and rain, identifying clouds, and keeping track of all of these things regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment