when it's in her eye. Yep, you guessed it. The other kids all got over it while we were in Utah, but Lib had to drag it all of the way to PA before it set in. Today she and I and the babies stayed home from church so she didn't spread it after coming down with it late Friday night after movies. How did I get to be the lucky one to stay home with her, you ask? It was Tyson's turn to teach class today :) He and Ems went to church by themselves. She wasn't feeling so lucky this morning. Usually it is a treat to go somewhere alone with daddy, but today she didn't like any of her dresses, and wanted to be sick too. I'm just waiting to see what we come down with today that will keep us home from ballet tomorrow. We all still have hacks (well, ok, all of us that had them before), and I still have a sore throat. But on to other things.
We (I) had a good day yesterday - cleaned and unpacked all day. Tyson made shelves in the girls' closet. Not what he had been planning to do, especially that "s" on the end of "shelves". He thought there was only 1 shelf planned. Must have been a communication error. Oops. Anyway, apparently I'm not the only one who still doesn't have my ducks in a row because he couldn't find the belt for his table saw and so had to go to the store for another one. Thank you, Dear. He had planned on decorating for Christmas, which he did. At least he got the tree up. Later on he decreed that we would decorate it today after church. I agreed that it was a good idea, so that is what is on the agenda for later today. But I did get the girls room mostly cleaned and the closet put back together. So nice. Also got the kitchen cleaned. (No, it wasn't spotless before we left, but the dishes were washed and I decline to comment further on that.) Emmalee swept the floor, and that was as far as that got. Also got a good batch of bread made that was left to raise entirely too long because I forgot it was in the oven. Laundry is about caught up because my mother so kindly let us use her washer while we were in UT (thanks mom). Also had a bit of time while the girls were watching movies all night on Friday to do a couple of crafts and work on a Christmas gift or two - yay! Of course this (and the fact that we are still under the weather) contributed to the sleeping in all morning of our entire household yesterday, which diminished our useful chore time, but all's well that ends well. Oh, yeah - the kids all went to bed bathed and clean - a major accomplishment in itself.
It is snowing big flakes in PA right now. Not a while lot of snow on the ground except for on our porch, because most of the bit that was here when we flew in has melted, and the new is mostly just blowing around, but it looks like it could get serious later.The grass is still green, and there is still green ivy on the tree outside the window, which contrasts starkly against the white snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment